Hone your professional communication skills through the Strengthen Professional Communication Skills Workshop Series. This four-part workshop series focuses on how to build stronger overall professional communication effectiveness and is offered through the Women’s Entrepreneurial Opportunity Center (WEOC). Elizabeth MacDonald, Communications Skills Advisor and Owner, The Verbal Edge, LLC, teaches each workshop and includes actionable items for attendees to use right away. Each workshop in the series focuses on a different topic.
This workshop equips you with skills to confidently and respectfully initiate and/or take part in conversations you may normally avoid.
What you will learn:
- How to diplomatically, assertively, and successfully approach aggressive people
- Words, phrases, and demeanor that neutralize potentially challenging situations
- How to decrease gossip in the workplace
- How to professionally say “no”
Who should attend:
Professionals who want to:
- amass skills to professionally and assertively approach, connect with, and/or confront difficult people in the workplace
- contribute to making the office/workplace a safe place to ask for assistance with projects, state ideas, disagree, give feedback, and collaborate
Date, Time: Wednesday, September 12, 2018, 7:30 – 9:00 a.m.
Place: The NIIC Cole Auditorium
Workshop Leader: Elizabeth MacDonald, The Verbal Edge, LLC
9 a.m. Adjourn
Light breakfast will be provided courtesy of WEOC
Registration is required. There is no cost to attend this workshop, sponsored by the WEOC.