Elevate Nexus Newsletter 2020
August 27, 2020
Elevate Nexus helps launch Indiana startups by connecting and investing in entrepreneurs, higher-education institutions, and their communities. Our monthly newsletter covers best practices, news, and events for startups and those supporting them.
Elevate Origins Student Applications Open
Elevate Origins EDU is now accepting student applications! The 8-week training will include live training from Elevate staff and will run from Sept. 4 – Oct. 23. Due to campus schedule changes, the application deadline has been extended to Sept. 3.
PARTICIPANTS WILL LEARN:
- What it takes to be an entrepreneur and launch a startup
- The ideation process to find a meaningful problem to solve
- How to interview the market to validate the severity of the problem, market size, current solutions for the problem (competition)
- How to identify the optimal solution to the problem
- Best practices on how to recruit a team of cofounders and advisors
- Expectations for early-stage capital raising
- How to build a go-to-market strategy including business model, marketing/sales strategy, milestones, and the ask
- How to put it all together in a 10-slide pitch deck and pitch practice
Interested students should click here to apply; select the topic “Elevate Origins” and the radio button “Elevate EDU” when filling out the form.
Save the Date: Elevate Nexus Regional Pitch Competition
We’re excited to enter our second year of Nexus by announcing the dates for our Fall 2020 Regional Pitch Competition! Applications will be accepted from Sept. 21 thru Oct. 4 and the competition will take place on Oct. 27, 28, and 29. Due to COVID-related policies that limit off-campus travel and group size, we have decided to hold the Fall pitch competitions virtually. Additional details can be found on our website.
Elevate Nexus Staff Changes
Elevate Nexus has a new Executive Director! I, Landon Young, moved into the Executive Director of University Initiatives role at Elevate Ventures and am now responsible for the strategy, direction and execution of Elevate Origins, Elevate Nexus Pitch competitions, and other Elevate Nexus programming.
Jacob Schpok moved into a new role as Vice President of Entrepreneurial Services at Elevate Ventures. In this role, Jacob will oversee Entrepreneur-in-Residence initiatives, programs and people. He will have the University programs under his portfolio and will also continue to serve as an EIR.